One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He lived a secretive, closeted life, tormented by illicit desires and guilt at what he called, in one diary entry, ‘the sordidness of much of my past.’’
- ‘In the daily grind of city life, amid all the sordidness and grime, flowers never really proclaim their presence, except to the keen-eyed.’
- ‘And it's the perfect choice if you want to wallow in 80s-style sordidness.’
- ‘I think what I was commenting on there was the fact that I despise sordidness and low-life, and avoided it at all costs.’
- ‘After calls to 8 or 10 other producers in town, none of whom was willing to get involved with such sordidness, Leslie told them to call me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.