One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier Any of a group of compounds which are cyclic ethers derived from sorbitol or its derivatives.
- ‘However, again just glycerol, sorbitol and sorbitans were used in the capsule shell, because propylene glycol results in the above-described undesirable tackiness.’
- ‘Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate was obtained from Aldrich Chemical Company (Milwaukee, WI).’
- ‘Therefore, it is inadvisable to add sorbitans to the solutions used in the investigation of the brain mechanisms.’
- ‘Polyoxyethylene sorbitan monooleate is widely used as an emulsifier or solubilizer in a variety of foods, cosmetics and other commercial Products.’
- ‘For mixed films containing sorbitan trioleate and polyoxyethylene sorbitan monoleate, condensation is observed for films of nearly equimolar composition.’
1930s: blend of sorbitol and anhydride.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.