Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An obsolete clef placing middle C on the lowest line of the stave.
- ‘One of the clefs I ask you to draw is the soprano clef, which isn't mentioned in the text.’
- ‘Alto tenor and soprano clefs are for stringed instruments like the viola and violin though.’
- ‘Any pianist who consults the authoritative complete editions of such composers as Bach, Mozart, or Haydn, to research keyboard literature will find the soprano clef more frequently than the G clef.’
- ‘Besides, tenor and soprano clefs are definitely the most confusing.’
- ‘However, if a violin were used, it would read the notes in the soprano clef, with the three sharp signature.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.