One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But I was being sophistical when I responded to their claims that our government is our enemy with that other cliché, you are the government.’
- ‘This is the truly disturbing and important story, replete with ironies and sophistical logic.’
- ‘It is understandable, then, that the proprietors of such establishments scorn us as ‘closed-minded’ for ignoring their sophistical arguments.’
- ‘The newspapers have at their disposal all manner of sophistical ways around this.’
- ‘Aristotle's study of sophistical arguments is contained in On Sophistical Refutations, which is actually a sort of appendix to the Topics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.