One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A black velvety mould that grows on the surfaces of leaves and stems affected by honeydew.
- ‘This is sooty mold that grows on the honeydew that aphids excrete.’
- ‘The honeydew's stickiness and the black sooty mold that grows on it can make a mess of plants and anything under infested trees.’
- ‘This drops to the leaves below and the black sooty mold develops.’
- ‘Like aphids, they also excrete honeydew, attracting black sooty mold fungus.’
- ‘Often black sooty mold grows on the honeydew, but this mold can be gently washed off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.