One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He entertains village audiences with sound effects, tricks, soothsaying, and trained-animal shows.’
- ‘The relative prosperity afforded by tearoom soothsaying freed Martin to pursue art.’
- ‘Where the distinction between reliable and unreliable information is unclear, quackery, soothsaying, and magical thinking thrive.’
- ‘Perhaps James even went too light on his soothsaying.’
- ‘An astrologer and healer born 500 years ago, he had the ear of royals, businessmen and clergy, even though the church prohibited soothsaying and the Inquisition was running hot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.