One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Perhaps James even went too light on his soothsaying.’
- ‘Where the distinction between reliable and unreliable information is unclear, quackery, soothsaying, and magical thinking thrive.’
- ‘An astrologer and healer born 500 years ago, he had the ear of royals, businessmen and clergy, even though the church prohibited soothsaying and the Inquisition was running hot.’
- ‘He entertains village audiences with sound effects, tricks, soothsaying, and trained-animal shows.’
- ‘The relative prosperity afforded by tearoom soothsaying freed Martin to pursue art.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.