One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The effect is soothingly rustic, yet the flat is bang in the middle of Stockholm.’
- ‘Jessica continued to rub Michael's back soothingly hoping to relax him.’
- ‘It features over 90 tanks packed with exotic fish, flora and fauna which exist in a soothingly silent world.’
- ‘‘It's gone now and there is nothing we can do,’ Finn said soothingly to her.’
- ‘Too much has been made of differences between Washington and other nations, he says soothingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.