One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Too much has been made of differences between Washington and other nations, he says soothingly.’
- ‘Jessica continued to rub Michael's back soothingly hoping to relax him.’
- ‘‘It's gone now and there is nothing we can do,’ Finn said soothingly to her.’
- ‘The effect is soothingly rustic, yet the flat is bang in the middle of Stockholm.’
- ‘It features over 90 tanks packed with exotic fish, flora and fauna which exist in a soothingly silent world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.