One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for monochord
- ‘They are looking for a sonometer for automatic interaction with an automatic pager, to implement dynamical noise maps automatically.’
- ‘The two sonometers were disposed in planes forming 90 degrees with the vacuum cleaner.’
- ‘This is easier to use than the sonometer with weights, but the tension cannot be measured quantitatively.’
- ‘The differential sonometer was invented by the French acoustical apparatus manufacturer, Marloye, ca. 1840.’
- ‘Even tone deaf students can perform this experiment but the sonometer must be correctly tensioned or spurious harmonics interfere with the frequency determination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.