One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for monochord
- ‘Even tone deaf students can perform this experiment but the sonometer must be correctly tensioned or spurious harmonics interfere with the frequency determination.’
- ‘This is easier to use than the sonometer with weights, but the tension cannot be measured quantitatively.’
- ‘They are looking for a sonometer for automatic interaction with an automatic pager, to implement dynamical noise maps automatically.’
- ‘The two sonometers were disposed in planes forming 90 degrees with the vacuum cleaner.’
- ‘The differential sonometer was invented by the French acoustical apparatus manufacturer, Marloye, ca. 1840.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.