Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for monochord
- ‘This is easier to use than the sonometer with weights, but the tension cannot be measured quantitatively.’
- ‘They are looking for a sonometer for automatic interaction with an automatic pager, to implement dynamical noise maps automatically.’
- ‘The differential sonometer was invented by the French acoustical apparatus manufacturer, Marloye, ca. 1840.’
- ‘Even tone deaf students can perform this experiment but the sonometer must be correctly tensioned or spurious harmonics interfere with the frequency determination.’
- ‘The two sonometers were disposed in planes forming 90 degrees with the vacuum cleaner.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.