One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The final signature of bubble fusion is the coincidence between the sonoluminescent light flashes from collapsing bubbles and the neutron emission.’
- ‘In a controversial report last March, researchers offered evidence that such a so-called sonoluminescent bubble's implosion attains temperatures and pressures high enough to make atomic nuclei fuse together.’
- ‘Using this theory, temperatures inside the sonoluminescent bubble can be expected to reach 10 Kelvin.’
- ‘My fascination with sonoluminescent bubbles continues, in a way, in my high-speed photographic studies of drops and splashes.’
- ‘A similar data detection and analysis as described above would generate an image of the medium in terms of its sonoluminescent characteristics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.