One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The analysis of sound using an instrument which produces a graphical representation of its component frequencies.
- ‘I then inputted the vocalizations into a Macintosh computer and produced sonograms using the sound analysis computer program Canary 1.2.’
2another term for ultrasonography
- ‘It should be supplemented with trans-vaginal sonography and a recto-vaginal pelvic exam all done at the same time.’
- ‘Brain scans using Doppler sonography, conducted in 1999 in Germany at the University of Munster and the University of Dortmund, found that when non-musicians listened to music, the blood flow to the right hemisphere increased.’
- ‘Recent studies using Doppler sonography and near infrared spectroscopy have shown increased perfusion of the middle cerebral artery in patients with chronic cerebrovascular disease given a single infusion of vinpocetine.’
- ‘In colour flow sonography, pulsed Doppler signals are used to produce the images.’
- ‘After sonography my condition was diagnosed as ‘choroidal haemangioma’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.