One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A writer of sonnets.
poet, versifier, verse-maker, rhymester, rhymer, lyricist, lyrist, elegistView synonyms
- ‘After Wilde's death and the subsequent lies and back-stabbing of so-called friends of both men, Bosie became one of this country's finest sonneteers.’
- ‘Less-is-more set design, it seems, had no fan in the Elizabethan sonneteer.’
- ‘Twelve sonneteers entertain walkers on the way.’
- ‘From idea through revision, the process of writing editorials offers lessons that can benefit any writer, from scriptwriter to sonneteer, from those churning out cop shorts to long-form narratives.’
- ‘His desire was to foster ‘the emancipation of the word, to create a place where punks and sonneteers can meet and get their stuff out into the open.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.