Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Musical sounds artificially produced or reproduced.
- ‘On the audio side, the sonics also improve with the years.’
- ‘As for the sonics, the Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround is fantastic (especially in the above mentioned musical sequences).’
- ‘After listening to both, I found the DTS track to have a tighter grip on the sonics with deeper bass and a richer, more natural feel to it.’
- ‘Still for the most part, the Dolby Digital Stereo sonics capture the roar of the crowd and the curtness of the commentary very well.’
- ‘The present orchestra outplays the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, however, and the stereo broadcast sonics surpass Vox's monaural recording.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.