Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Musical sounds artificially produced or reproduced.
- ‘After listening to both, I found the DTS track to have a tighter grip on the sonics with deeper bass and a richer, more natural feel to it.’
- ‘Still for the most part, the Dolby Digital Stereo sonics capture the roar of the crowd and the curtness of the commentary very well.’
- ‘As for the sonics, the Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround is fantastic (especially in the above mentioned musical sequences).’
- ‘On the audio side, the sonics also improve with the years.’
- ‘The present orchestra outplays the Vienna Symphony Orchestra, however, and the stereo broadcast sonics surpass Vox's monaural recording.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.