One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book containing a collection of songs with music.
- ‘The strongest of the film's musical numbers is the title song itself, which, though a tad short on his trademark lyrical innuendo, is nonetheless one of the most memorable melodies in the Formby songbook.’
- ‘The songbook collected compositions from all over the world, making the case that the protest movement was universal.’
- ‘Particularly noteworthy is The Road Goes On Forever, a songbook of words and sheet music by Tolkien and Donald Swann.’
- ‘The posthumous engraved editions of Lully's operas reached high levels, and among French songbooks, Laborde's Choix de chansons is outstanding.’
- ‘The Hills' catchy little tune was unleashed upon the world in 1893, when it was published in the songbook Song Stories for the Kindergarten.’
- ‘In any event, Prof. Lindgren passed along this link to more on Ella's recordings of the Duke Ellington and Cole Porter songbooks.’
- ‘On top of her bookshelf lay several songbooks that she had attempted to learn hit songs from.’
- ‘She is currently co-writing the book for a major Broadway musical built around the songbook of Motown legend, Smokey Robinson.’
- ‘Cheryl and Rikki had already hit the songbooks and was writing down all the songs that they wanted to sing.’
- ‘I asked the man for the songbook, although I was sure my song was already in there, and sure enough, it was.’
- ‘Established stars queued up to cover songs from the Mitchell songbook.’
- ‘They had old Australian punk books and Germs songbooks.’
- ‘During his years at South western Seminary, McKinney had worked part-time as music editor for Robert H. Coleman, a songbook and hymnal publisher in Dallas.’
- ‘The money will go towards producing a songbook, video and CD of them performing traditional songs in the Steers dialect.’
- ‘The songbooks sell on the back of the music more than the lyrics, so it's this Warner really seem to be trying to protect.’
- ‘It's true that the Paul Robeson songbook isn't just about the songs but sometimes, surely, they're enough.’
- ‘This shop now has a wonderful stock of gifts, souvenirs, music books, songbooks and instrument manuals.’
- ‘At the end of the visit, he presented us with a songbook of his songs, which was fantastic.’
- ‘His beautiful musical tapestries command a hush and even new songs are aired as he carefully balances his songbook on his knee.’
- ‘An exclusive treat for everyone attending Isla's forthcoming shows will be the availability of a songbook containing words of her 20 most popular songs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.