One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sparrow-like North American bird related to the buntings, noted for its constant and characteristic song.
- ‘The thistle feeder is dominated by goldfinches, although an occasional house finch or song sparrow sneaks a snack.’
- ‘Many birds, like the song sparrow that is a common casualty in Chicago, are nocturnal migrants, meaning they travel at night.’
- ‘Now, the song sparrow is a very elusive creature, and it rarely lets you get closer than 25 or 30 feet away from it.’
- ‘Our most common year-around sparrow is the song sparrow.’
- ‘He describes flight behavior, feathers, and other detailed characteristics of birds such as the song sparrow, shown here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.