Territorial display flight that involves song, as in the skylark.
- ‘Black-fronted Dotterels are often found on the banks of permanent water bodies in central Australia, and seem to have a habit of giving a song flight in the pre-dawn hours.’
- ‘Most larks have a well-developed song which they often deliver as part of a song flight.’
- ‘The song flight of Woodlark usually takes place around dawn but can also occur well before first light and in the evening.’
- ‘Often inconspicuous on the ground, it is easy to see when in its distinctive song flight.’
- ‘Bluethroat, Luscinia svecica, males with extrapair offspring in their nest did not differ from those with full paternity with respect to song activity and song flight.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.