One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Territorial display flight that involves song, as in the skylark.
- ‘Often inconspicuous on the ground, it is easy to see when in its distinctive song flight.’
- ‘The song flight of Woodlark usually takes place around dawn but can also occur well before first light and in the evening.’
- ‘Black-fronted Dotterels are often found on the banks of permanent water bodies in central Australia, and seem to have a habit of giving a song flight in the pre-dawn hours.’
- ‘Most larks have a well-developed song which they often deliver as part of a song flight.’
- ‘Bluethroat, Luscinia svecica, males with extrapair offspring in their nest did not differ from those with full paternity with respect to song activity and song flight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.