Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A set of related songs, often on a romantic theme, intended to form a single musical entity.
- ‘The orchestral song cycle Voices from the Sea, first heard & recorded in 1985, gives a unique CD compilation its title.’
- ‘Voice of the River Han is a song cycle for soprano and piano trio with Korean-influenced melodies and rhythms.’
- ‘Somehow this music is as close to the Winterreise song cycle as anything else the composer wrote.’
- ‘Instead of a choral work, however, the search engine turned up a song cycle of the same name by the American composer Lori Laitman.’
- ‘Hoekman has composed a new song cycle for baritone and harpsichord called Suite Italiana, to be premiered by baritone Jerrold Pope in June.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.