A set of related songs, often on a romantic theme, intended to form a single musical entity.
- ‘Somehow this music is as close to the Winterreise song cycle as anything else the composer wrote.’
- ‘Voice of the River Han is a song cycle for soprano and piano trio with Korean-influenced melodies and rhythms.’
- ‘Hoekman has composed a new song cycle for baritone and harpsichord called Suite Italiana, to be premiered by baritone Jerrold Pope in June.’
- ‘The orchestral song cycle Voices from the Sea, first heard & recorded in 1985, gives a unique CD compilation its title.’
- ‘Instead of a choral work, however, the search engine turned up a song cycle of the same name by the American composer Lori Laitman.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.