One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He must anticipate the sun in rising, or be whipped severely for his somnolency.’
- ‘One of his characters was described as follows, "… and on the box sat a fat and red-faced boy, in a state of somnolency.’’
- ‘Washington today shook off its Summer Sunday somnolency as the capital of a world power with responsibilities born of the war in Europe.’
- ‘At the first attempt to induce the magnetic somnolency, the mesmerist entirely failed.’
- ‘‘According to the Arabs,’ he wrote, coffee ‘has stimulating properties, affects the head, prevents somnolency, renders water sweet to the taste, and forms a pleasant refreshing beverage’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.