Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Just; simply.‘I used to just sommer sit there’
- ‘I took the man at his word and bought the thing sommer so with a bag of wild birdseed and crushed maize.’
- ‘‘I stop my car and I sommer make a fire,’ she repeated.’
- ‘New words are sommer made up as they go along.’
- ‘Now before all you old school Emmers go up in arms about how I can sommer get a new contributor without your permission, etc.’
- ‘We were sommer standing around.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.