One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something like the thing in question.‘they had always suspected something of the kind’
- ‘You know, I had hoped, by accepting his challenge, I could get him to tell me something of this affair; perhaps who the lady was, or something of the kind.’
- ‘Instead, in 1951 I said ‘Good morning’ occasionally and Einstein would answer with ‘Guten morning’ or something of the kind, but that was it.’
- ‘Well, I think it's fair to say we were all expecting something of the kind.’
- ‘The first bar was playing some loud rap music, while the one on the other side was blaring some Euro-disco or something of the kind.’
- ‘It was as if Adam was becoming another brother for me, or something of the kind.’
- ‘Despite his mother's strange tales of a friend's friend's sister's cat, or something of the kind, everybody in the town knew everybody else's business.’
- ‘Case 2 is kidnap and slavery, or something of the kind.’
- ‘I knew I'd have to focus since my brain was still swirling with this new bit of information, not that I hadn't guessed that something of the kind was true.’
- ‘It is to be feared that something of the kind has happened to Miss Stein.’
- ‘She might have mentioned something of the kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.