One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something like the thing in question.‘they had always suspected something of the kind’
- ‘She might have mentioned something of the kind.’
- ‘I knew I'd have to focus since my brain was still swirling with this new bit of information, not that I hadn't guessed that something of the kind was true.’
- ‘Despite his mother's strange tales of a friend's friend's sister's cat, or something of the kind, everybody in the town knew everybody else's business.’
- ‘You know, I had hoped, by accepting his challenge, I could get him to tell me something of this affair; perhaps who the lady was, or something of the kind.’
- ‘Well, I think it's fair to say we were all expecting something of the kind.’
- ‘Case 2 is kidnap and slavery, or something of the kind.’
- ‘It is to be feared that something of the kind has happened to Miss Stein.’
- ‘Instead, in 1951 I said ‘Good morning’ occasionally and Einstein would answer with ‘Guten morning’ or something of the kind, but that was it.’
- ‘The first bar was playing some loud rap music, while the one on the other side was blaring some Euro-disco or something of the kind.’
- ‘It was as if Adam was becoming another brother for me, or something of the kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.