One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Someone is very eager for something.‘I'm going to have a whisky—my tongue's hanging out’
- ‘After seeing some of the sets, my tongue is hanging out and I am drooling on the keyboard.’
- ‘I haven't got very far into the book but my tongue is hanging out to learn more about the political scene on Jersey.’
- ‘My tongue is hanging out looking at these lovely dishes.’
- ‘I'm waiting on a cheque, my tongue is hanging out for this cheque and the list of things to spend it on is getting longer.’
- ‘We have returned as often as possible and my tongue is hanging out right now.’
- ‘There are so many delicious treats that my tongue is hanging out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.