One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Someone is very eager for something.‘I'm going to have a whisky—my tongue's hanging out’
- ‘We have returned as often as possible and my tongue is hanging out right now.’
- ‘There are so many delicious treats that my tongue is hanging out.’
- ‘I haven't got very far into the book but my tongue is hanging out to learn more about the political scene on Jersey.’
- ‘After seeing some of the sets, my tongue is hanging out and I am drooling on the keyboard.’
- ‘My tongue is hanging out looking at these lovely dishes.’
- ‘I'm waiting on a cheque, my tongue is hanging out for this cheque and the list of things to spend it on is getting longer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.