One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A considerable amount of.‘she lingered for some little time’
- ‘There were many eights of them, gathered together some little distance from Kopporu.’
- ‘The signs that all is not well at United have been there for some little time, perhaps as long as two or three years.’
- ‘There was some little consolation for Carlow when Rory Mulvanney raised the green flag.’
- ‘The predator with some little intelligence discards the decoy and goes after the better meat.’
- ‘This caused me to be quiet some little time, thinking on it.’
- ‘For some little time now, the newspapers… have been handing it to the hockey player.’
- ‘My consequent lack of concern was therefore, a source of some little friction between self and fire-breather.’
- ‘I think this would have been easily answered some little time ago if we had been clearer on the first point of order I raised.’
- ‘That, obviously, will take us some little time - I do not expect the Opposition to be rushing it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.