One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You could hear the sombreness of the vast Finnish forests, the determination and endurance of her people, and the ingenuity of its composer in striking degree here.’
- ‘And if the passing of the great man brought a sombreness to the mood, that wasn't lifted by what happened on the pitch.’
- ‘The Soho streets, their sombreness heightened by the glorious evening sunshine that flooded the near empty pavements on Thursday night, were alive again.’
- ‘Not that these symbols will add to the sombreness and serenity of the scene.’
- ‘But in some ways a sombreness has descended that threatens to remove some of the satire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.