Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A growth hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland.
- ‘The Human Growth Complex formula contains somatotrophin and other powerful ingredients and has become a favorite product of athletes seeking an effective legal formulation.’
- ‘The over production of somatotrophin can cause gigantism while under production can result in dwarfism.’
- ‘Studies show that a 4-year course of somatotrophin can increase bone density by approximately 12%.’
- ‘The release of somatotrophin follows a diurnal variation with the greatest impulses occurring during deep sleep.’
- ‘Monkeys respond to somatotrophin from monkey pituitaries but not from cattle and both human and beef hormone are active in the rat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.