One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The occurrence of a mutation in the somatic tissue of an organism, resulting in a genetically mosaic individual.
- ‘A somatic mutation was determined to have occurred when one or more bands appeared in the tumor tissue in addition to those observed in the normal tissue of the same patient.’
- ‘In the last two decades, many genes that display a tendency to undergo somatic mutation in various cancers have been identified.’
- ‘A thorough analysis of frequency of somatic mutation in F. grandifolia is necessary to verify this conclusion.’
- ‘One means by which these mutations occur is via somatic mutation or chromosomal deletion of one or both alleles.’
- ‘This accumulation of errors has been called microsatellite instability, ubiquitous somatic mutation, or replication error rate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.