One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any cell of a living organism other than the reproductive cells.
- ‘In sexual reproduction a diploid somatic cell, the megaspore mother cell, undergoes meiosis to produce four reduced megaspores.’
- ‘At the present time, gene-transfer studies are limited to somatic cells; germ cell lines and progeny are not affected.’
- ‘In sexually reproducing organisms, a fundamental distinction is between germ cells and somatic cells.’
- ‘According to Spradling, the niche environment may constitute a primary regulatory force capable of re-programming somatic cells to become stem cells.’
- ‘So what is the hesitancy then for the modification of defective genes in germ cells or somatic cells?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.