One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The partial removal of a substance from a solution or mixture by dissolving it in another, immiscible solvent in which it is more soluble.
- ‘Ether is also particularly useful in solvent extraction.’
- ‘Those substances were prepared by solvent extraction or, more destructively, by distillation.’
- ‘Alkaloids from samples of diet pills obtained at natural health food outlets underwent either pressurized fluid extraction or solvent extraction with sonication.’
- ‘He said upon the completion of phase one, the company would begin phase two which would involve the building of electrical winning and solvent extraction of copper ore.’
- ‘Current methods involve many solvent extraction cycles and vitrification after nitric acid treatment and evaporation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.