Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Make (a substance) soluble or more soluble.‘proteins were solubilized by heating for 5 min in protein dissociation buffer’
- ‘The acidity solubilizes metals, most notably aluminum, making them bio-available.’
- ‘These bind and solubilize ferric iron by competing with transferrin.’
- ‘The amphiphatic character of the detergent molecules helps solubilize the membrane protein.’
- ‘This technique utilizes a negatively charged detergent (sodium dodecyl sulfate) to denature and solubilize proteins.’
- ‘The lipid films were solubilized in Tris / HCl solution.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.