One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1West Indian A type of pâté made with smoked fish, chilli peppers, and spices.
- ‘To really impress your guests, add a Seafood Sampler Platter of Smoked Salmon, Smoked Scallops, Solomon Gundy with condiments.’
- ‘Fine restaurants offer tasty, fresh seafood as well as Lunenburg's traditional recipes of Solomon Gundy, Lunenburg Pudding, Lunenburg Sausage and Sauerkraut and international cuisine.’
- ‘Spicy Solomon Gundy and Excelsior crackers make the tea time complete.’
- ‘Another local dish was Solomon Gundy, also known by its German name ‘Salmagundi’.’
- ‘Favorites include the Jamaican Solomon Gundy, a spicy fish pâté made from smoked herring ground with oil, vinegar, scallions, spices, salt, and hot pepper.’
2Canadian A dish of salted herrings marinated in vinegar, spices, and onions.
Alteration of salmagundi.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.