One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- West Indian and Canadian term for salmagundi
- ‘Fine restaurants offer tasty, fresh seafood as well as Lunenburg's traditional recipes of Solomon Gundy, Lunenburg Pudding, Lunenburg Sausage and Sauerkraut and international cuisine.’
- ‘Spicy Solomon Gundy and Excelsior crackers make the tea time complete.’
- ‘Another local dish was Solomon Gundy, also known by its German name ‘Salmagundi’.’
- ‘To really impress your guests, add a Seafood Sampler Platter of Smoked Salmon, Smoked Scallops, Solomon Gundy with condiments.’
- ‘Favorites include the Jamaican Solomon Gundy, a spicy fish pâté made from smoked herring ground with oil, vinegar, scallions, spices, salt, and hot pepper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.