One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who lives a solitary life; a recluse.
loner, solitary, lone wolfView synonyms
- ‘He pays no visits, and being a solitudinarian, frequents not even a single club in London.’
- ‘It seemed to be more suited to those the world prefers to ignore: recluses, solitudinarians withdrawn from worldliness and public notice, supernatural beings and the mad.’
- ‘There are breakfast-rooms and supper-rooms, little nooks where the solitudinarian may steal away for an hour of communion with his favorite novelist or poet.’
- ‘'There goes a solitudinarian,' said one. 'What is he thinking of that he fights so shy of his kind?'’
- ‘A noted traveler, he continued to be, an adventurer, but always a solitudinarian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.