One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The speaker wakes up to find swallows etching his walls with shadow, and captures a big thing or two about solitariness, if that's not too juicy a word for loneliness.’
- ‘Nietzsche's iciness and coldness, the Alpine retreat and solitariness all have an effect in producing a complete and total nihilism - ‘no interests at all.’’
- ‘And I answer, ‘Actually, we were talking about the solitariness of the ‘hill people.’’
- ‘The strongest reason she knew for giving women every means of enlarging their sphere of action was the ultimate solitariness of life.’
- ‘The aura of solitariness that surrounds Don Pedro was perfectly handled by the camera in the final dance, as it left him to concentrate on the other revellers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.