Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A complex of ganglia and radiating nerves of the sympathetic system at the pit of the stomach.
stomach, belly, abdomenView synonyms
- ‘The solar plexus is ideal, but the lower abdomen (below the belly button), the groin or even the inside of the leg above the knee are also adequate.’
- ‘There were a lot of pressure point strikes, at places like under the nose, the throat, under the armpits, the solar plexus, and the groin.’
- ‘The diaphragm is a sensitive, powerful muscle, and responds to impulses sent to it by the solar plexus, the abdominal brain.’
- ‘The nerve current of the body converge in the feet, the solar plexus and the hands.’
- ‘Put the palm of your right hand on the abdomen, just above the navel, and press up against the solar plexus or pit of the stomach.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.