Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A panel designed to absorb the sun's rays as a source of energy for generating electricity or heating.
- ‘The cleanest energy sources of electricity are solar panels and wind turbines, which are only starting to be used in Canada.’
- ‘According to the council, it's a myth that solar panels generate electricity by storing direct heat from the sun.’
- ‘Unlike other renewable power sources, solar panels provide the most electricity in the middle of the day, when it is needed most.’
- ‘Further heating and electrical energy comes from photovalic solar panels located on the roof.’
- ‘Most robots today draw that energy from electrical cords, solar panels, or batteries.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.