One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Using power derived directly from the sun's rays.‘solar-powered lighting’‘solar-powered water pumps’
- ‘NASA researchers want to send a solar-powered, flying explorer to Venus.’
- ‘When was the last time you saw a calculator or saw an emergency phone that wasn't solar-powered?’
- ‘The project is fully self-sufficient, with its own solar-powered water supply system, diesel generators, and waste water treatment system.’
- ‘Around 70 per cent of the annual hot water demand is covered by a solar powered system.’
- ‘Even better, go a step further and get a solar-powered battery charger.’
- ‘The students vied to design, build, and operate the most attractive and energy-efficient solar-powered home.’
- ‘In keeping with the association's beliefs, all electricity is solar powered.’
- ‘They walk or bike the five blocks to their solar-powered office, a new building beside a creek.’
- ‘The high schoolers are to head out on the open road and make their way from Texas to Florida in solar-powered vehicles.’
- ‘Every household sports a solar-powered stove, an ingenious device that saves valuable firewood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.