One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The simple bun does its duty, holding up well and resisting sogginess.’
- ‘Few people were on the road because of the mud and sogginess.’
- ‘Pastry appears again beneath the milk chocolate tart, and it is flawless, flaky and fresh, without a hint of the sogginess of almost every other restaurant tart shell.’
- ‘Wilfred stared down at his feet, and noticed with shame that the newspapers were disintegrating from their sogginess, leaving a trail of newspaper shreds in his wake.’
- ‘Steaming or boiling takes around the same time, and boiled broccoli should be carefully drained to avoid sogginess.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.