One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pastry appears again beneath the milk chocolate tart, and it is flawless, flaky and fresh, without a hint of the sogginess of almost every other restaurant tart shell.’
- ‘Steaming or boiling takes around the same time, and boiled broccoli should be carefully drained to avoid sogginess.’
- ‘The simple bun does its duty, holding up well and resisting sogginess.’
- ‘Few people were on the road because of the mud and sogginess.’
- ‘Wilfred stared down at his feet, and noticed with shame that the newspapers were disintegrating from their sogginess, leaving a trail of newspaper shreds in his wake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.