One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Granulated or powdered sugar.
- ‘Mix equal quantities of plain yogurt and chopped fruit - strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or cranberries are all good - then add enough soft sugar to sweeten.’
- ‘Gently stir together the raspberries and light brown soft sugar in a 1.2 litre (2 pint) oven-proof dish.’
- ‘Light brown soft sugar can be used instead of dark brown soft.’
- ‘When the sugar mixture is cool enough to handle but still pliable, carefully pull off pieces of the soft sugar and stretch them into long, thin strips.’
- ‘She was sour, but she liked making sweet things; one never had to complain of a lack of jam or plums; she ate well herself and added soft sugar to the meringue and the strawberry jam.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.