One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for softshell crab
- ‘The Princess and I ordered salmon marinated in treacle with spices and coriander and deep-fried soft crab.’
- ‘From April until early September, most men fish soft crabs using pots, and many of the women work full or part-time in the family crab shanties, located near the boat docks, shedding and marketing soft crabs.’
- ‘It's perfect for fishing because the sea bass like to skulk around the wrecks, feeding off the soft crabs, prawns and small fish that live there.’
- ‘Because a hard crab will kill and eat a soft crab, the shedding tanks must be carefully watched ‘round the clock and the shedding crabs removed to another tank.’
- ‘You might have an idea that it will be a good year, based on the early runs of soft crabs, but there is no guarantee crabs will remain plentiful throughout the season.’
- ‘The bait will be peeler crab, soft crab or mussel.’
- ‘You have the choice between baiting with peeler crab or soft crab.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.