One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legible version of a piece of information not printed on a physical medium, especially as stored or displayed on a computer.
- ‘Nominations must reach the Directorate of Honours and Awards no later than May 31 this year in both hard and soft copy.’
- ‘The soft copy of our eight-page thesis proposal is missing, and I will have to retype it again.’
- ‘So we refer to a soft copy of a CD-ROM disk as an ISO 9660 image.’
- ‘Any soft copies, disks and backup tapes are to remain only at their office, never to be taken out to see the light of day.’
- ‘‘We have given them hard copies, as well as soft copies, of all the representations made to us,’ Tsang said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.