One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Spanish and Italian cooking) a mixture of lightly fried onions and garlic, usually with tomatoes and other vegetables, used as a base for soups and stews.
- ‘Toss Sofrito and chicken together and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.’
- ‘Many Puerto Rican dishes are seasoned with a savory mixture of spices known as sofrito.’
- ‘Add 2 tablespoons Sofrito to meat and rice dishes for added flavor and seasoning.’
- ‘A heaping spoonful of Sofrito added to soups and stews is a classic first-step ingredient to authentic Latino cooking.’
- ‘There are beautifully fried morsels of goat cheese, too, in a vibrant, tomatoey sofrito sauce that has an earthy red-chile undertone.’
Spanish sofrito, Italian soffritto, literally ‘lightly fried’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.