One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for state-owned enterprise
- ‘A bank run would force a large number of SOEs to close their doors.’
- ‘The government has already helped more than 12 million laid-off SOE employees find new jobs in the past two years, Zhang said.’
- ‘Privatization refers to the transfer of ownership, management and control of the SOE to some private interest, individual, group or private corporation.’
- ‘The first method of privatization allowed an SOE to become a joint-stock or limited liability corporation with shares being offered for sale to the public.’
- ‘His ministerial mates would stick him on the board of an SOE, a quango or one of umpteen other types of publicly funded organisation.’
Special Operations Executive.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.