One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A town in ancient Palestine, probably south of the Dead Sea. According to Gen. 19:24 it was destroyed by fire from heaven, together with Gomorrah, for the wickedness of its inhabitants.
- 1.1as noun a Sodom A wicked or depraved place.‘the city has always been more than a tawdry Sodom and Gomorrah’
- ‘She is as determined as a Panzer tank to hold her course in the midst of this Sodom and Gomorrah.’
- ‘Some may call Gotham City a Sodom and Gomorra of the modern era, but even with its faults and abundance of vice, there are still good people there trying to survive.’
- ‘Clearly only a man of iron self-discipline can be trusted in such a Sodom.’
- ‘‘We want to stop the hurried flight of humanity towards a Sodom and Gomorra situation, and we want to save it,’ he added.’
- 1.1as noun a Sodom A wicked or depraved place.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.