One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt lake with a high content of sodium salts.
- ‘The soda lake, which is nearly as salty as the Dead Sea, is named for its exquisite pinkness, due to the presence of bacteria that excrete red iron oxide.’
- ‘On the valley floor, freshwater and alkaline soda lakes support a staggering array of birdlife.’
- ‘The lake itself is a soda lake on the floor of the rift valley.’
- ‘Embakaai Crater has a very deep soda lake which covers almost half the crater floor.’
- ‘Lake Manyara National Park spreads between the cliff of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Manyara, a shallow soda lake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.