One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who serves and sells soft drinks, ice cream, and confectionery at a soda fountain.
- ‘Root beer floats had another heyday in the 1950s, the era of malt shops and soda jerks.’
- ‘In that one, Bud and Lou are soda jerks at the Radio Central Pharmacy, but aspire to be writers for the network's hit show, ‘Murder at Midnight.’’
- ‘If you're looking for a fun atmosphere, this chain brings patrons back the bygone days of soda jerks and jukeboxes.’
- ‘And though he had a job, he knew he had no future as a drug store soda jerk.’
- ‘They have a soda jerk and vinyl bar stools, just like the old days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.