One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ratchet tool with a series of detachable sockets for tightening and loosening nuts of different sizes.
- ‘The only tools required are a socket wrench with a long extension, a Phillips and regular screwdriver, and a hex key set.’
- ‘You can reach just about any part with an ordinary socket wrench or screw-driver.’
- ‘To tighten the Orb sufficiently I used a small socket from my socket wrench, and simply tightened it as far as I could before my fingers slipped.’
- ‘Yet, the breech plug is easily removed with a socket wrench when the lever is down.’
- ‘The box or socket wrenches are used for removing nuts and bolts and are fitted to the size of the fastener.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.