One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ratchet tool with a series of detachable sockets for tightening and loosening nuts of different sizes.
- ‘You can reach just about any part with an ordinary socket wrench or screw-driver.’
- ‘To tighten the Orb sufficiently I used a small socket from my socket wrench, and simply tightened it as far as I could before my fingers slipped.’
- ‘Yet, the breech plug is easily removed with a socket wrench when the lever is down.’
- ‘The box or socket wrenches are used for removing nuts and bolts and are fitted to the size of the fastener.’
- ‘The only tools required are a socket wrench with a long extension, a Phillips and regular screwdriver, and a hex key set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.