Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A number of detachable sockets of different sizes for use with a socket wrench.
- ‘If you have a socket set instead of a wrench, I highly recommend using that.’
- ‘It also carries hammers, locking pliers, full sets of metric and standard wrench and socket sets, and lots of extra parts.’
- ‘In the last couple of years I've borrowed his socket set, Dillon automatic primer tube filler and electric hedge trimmer.’
- ‘The rescue team can use hand tools ranging from socket sets to screw drivers.’
- ‘She grabbed a socket set, a jack, and a torque wrench.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.