Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of relationships within a group of people.
- ‘For this reasons, in some circles the term sociometry refers to a form of therapy related to psychodrama.’
- ‘A simple example of applied sociometry is to have group members make a selection on the basis of a simple, non-threatening criterion.’
- ‘It shows the pioneering role that Zerka, along with her husband J. L. Moreno, played in the development, not only of the methods of psychodrama and sociometry, but of the entire group psychotherapy movement worldwide.’
- ‘Demonstrations in action will illustrate the importance of sociometry in developing diagnostic and intervention tools, as well as enhancing group dynamics.’
- ‘The use of sociometry in the classroom is to find the best relationships between students and to see how children see themselves within the social construct of education.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.