One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Finally, we examine the extent to which children's strategies for coping with everyday rejection explain variance in their social and behavioral adjustment above and beyond the effect of their sociometric status alone.’
- ‘During peer sociometric interviews in kindergarten, children were shown pictures of each classmate and asked to rate how much he/she liked that classmate on a 5-point scale.’
- ‘Teachers, much more than mothers, see the peer relations that give rise to the sociometric ratings, and thus may be more likely to see the internalizing symptoms related to peer neglect.’
- ‘Compared to other students, bullies have larger friendship groups, higher sociometric rankings, and earlier dating experiences after controlling for pubertal development.’
- ‘There were no significant effects of intervention on the sociometric measures of peer social preference and prosocial behavior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.