One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The study of signed languages can reveal whether or not sociolinguistic phenomena previously observed for spoken languages are general across modalities.’
- ‘Manes and Wolfson claimed that the most authentic data in sociolinguistic research is spontaneous speech gathered by ethnographic observation.’
- ‘We have languages from all over the world, languages from many different families, with different sociolinguistic histories.’
- ‘The view of language which emerges from the sociolinguistic study of urban dialects is that of a structured but variable system, whose use is conditioned by both internal and external factors.’
- ‘Adequate understanding of linguistic, psycholinguistic, and sociolinguistic factors was considered essential in developing a coherent heritage language education policy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.