One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the relationship between law and society.
- ‘Rather than just review the sodomy laws, Bernstein analyzes them from a socio-legal perspective.’
- ‘This point was made clear to me when I began studying this area of law from a socio-legal perspective some years ago.’
- ‘An appropriate socio-legal response to the suffering of the woman should be the paramount concern of the media and the courts.’
- ‘Moreover, powerful industrialists continue to attain political and economic power because of institutionalized norms and policies (i.e., the socio-legal foundations of laissez-faire capitalism and neo-liberalism).’
- ‘We have certainly moved beyond the stereotypical Irish family, and new forms of family are undoubtedly creating tensions and problems of a socio-legal nature that much be faced, sooner or later.’
2Combining social and legal factors.
- ‘Her research interests are in legal and socio-legal aspects of free software, including licensing.’
- ‘I have also tried to take account of socio-legal research on how the law actually affects health care.’
- ‘The report outlines how the dimensions of unsafe motherhood can be measured and comprehended, and how causes can be identified by reference to medical, health system and socio-legal factors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.