Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Combining social and cultural factors.‘the sociocultural differences between the sexes’
- ‘Most theories of dieting, body image, and eating disorders assign a major role to sociocultural factors, such as the media.’
- ‘Further, sociocultural mechanisms have been identified as important predisposing factors in binge eating and as underlying factors in the etiology of bulimia.’
- ‘Members of a cultural identity group tend to share certain worldviews, norms, values, goal priorities, and sociocultural heritage.’
- ‘The degree of difficulty of bilingual language development depends on a complex array of sociocultural and individual factors.’
- ‘Health and nutrition are affected by a variety of sociocultural factors.’
- ‘It is evident that issues of power in the existing sociocultural political context continue to affect children's daily lived realities.’
- ‘The rules which determine the appropriate choice in conversation derive from the arcane art of knowing the ins and outs of the complex sociocultural fabric of Korean.’
- ‘She added that each nation should develop its own format fitting its historical and sociocultural context to meet the universal standards of norms of democracy.’
- ‘As women, we are influenced by the same sociocultural factors that affect all women in our culture.’
- ‘Early family therapy models tended to focus narrowly on the interior of the family, inattentive to larger sociocultural influences.’
- ‘Research on health promoting lifestyles has focused on individual choice with little attention to sociocultural and environmental factors.’
- ‘The creation of a national identity has not been easy considering the differences between island sociocultural practices, languages, and resources.’
- ‘Satcher uses historical and sociocultural factors to analyze the particular mental health care needs of each minority group.’
- ‘Many social and psychological interventions require a thorough understanding of the sociocultural context, which outsiders typically do not have.’
- ‘The influence of sociocultural factors on language minority children's development is the second significant factor analyzed.’
- ‘A variety of sociocultural influences combined in the 1990s to improve the status of women in the federal workplace.’
- ‘Attention is dynamic, and there are sociocultural influences that push us to pay attention one way or another.’
- ‘Is information misleading because the research methods used do not take into consideration the sociocultural background of participants?’
- ‘The intention is to explore how the approaches and methodologies of sociocultural anthropology have been applied to the study of the everyday phenomena of social life in early modern Italy.’
- ‘Feminist folkloristics, as developed in the United States and Canada, understands gender as a fundamentally sociocultural construct.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.