One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ashley has dealt with the notion of societally unacceptable speech in other works, and it's hard to believe he's not aware that it's the voice rather than the words that has the dominant effect here.’
- ‘Poverty is personally undesirable and societally, in too great a dose, destabilizing.’
- ‘Sea level change is perhaps one of the earth's most societally relevant processes; rises expected in the next century will affect directly hundreds of millions of people.’
- ‘The introduction of managed care may be societally necessary to keep down costs.’
- ‘Care should be taken not to blame distressed individuals for evidencing symptoms in response to their distress, but rather efforts should be made to reduce sources of societally imposed risk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.